All I’m good at is studying
All I’m good at is studying
Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 02. Mizuno Ami - Sailor Mercury
Why am I in this kind of mess? I can’t stand it! I wanna go home!
「亜美 –SAILOR MERCURY–」 (Ami –SAILOR MERCURY–)
Episode ➋. “Ami –SAILOR MERCURY–”
「うさぎ -SAILOR MOON-」 (Usagi -SAILOR MOON-)
Episode ➊. “Usagi – Sailor Moon-”
[HENSHIN] Moon Prism Power Make-Up.
Romaji: Muun purizumu pawaa meiku appu
Used by: Sailor Moon
Item required: Henshin Brooch
First appearance: Episode 1
Last appearance: Episode 51
- Starting in episode 7, a standard stock footage sequence of Usagi raising her hand was added to the beginning of the transformation. Until then, the open palm of her hand was shown, and her sleeve matched whatever top she was wearing in the respective episode.
- This was Usagi’s only transformation where she didn’t hold the item while saying the vocal command.
[HENSHIN] Mercury Power Make-Up.
Romaji: Maakyurii pawaa meiku appu
Used by: Sailor Mercury
Item required: Henshin Pen
First appearance: Sailor Moon Crystal - Episode 2
[EPISODE] Act 2. Ami - SAILOR MERCURY -.
Japanese name: 亜美 - SAILOR MERCURY -
Romanized name: Ami - Seeraa Maakyurii -
Original Airdate: 7-19-2014
Director: Hiroyuki Sato
Writer: Yuji Kobayashi
Animation Director: Miho Tanaka, Yumiko Ishii
Chief Animation Director: Yukie Sako
Art Director: Shoichiro Sugiurai
Synopsis: Usagi’s genius classmate Ami Mizuno is targeted by the enemy.
- The monster-of-the-day was an unnamed youma sent by Jadeite. She was credited as “Female Lecturer.”
- Although Ami had a cameo in the previous episode, this was the first instance where she spoke.
- Queen Beryl was introduced.
- Sailor Mercury’s Henshin Pen, the Hensou Pen, Moon Power, Mercury Power Make-Up, and Mercury Aqua Mist are all seen for the first time.
- In the original print of the manga, Sailor Mercury’s first special attack had no name. It was later called “Mercury Aqua Mist” in the reprint as well as in the live-action series.
- The Crystal Disk from the manga version of this act was a floppy disk (also known as a diskette). The first anime used the same format (episode 8). For Crystal, it was replaced with a compact disc.
- There were several moments where Sailor Moon’s gloves were skin-colored rather than white.
- Usagi owns a laptop with a rabbit emblem on the lid. “Usagi” of course means “rabbit” in Japanese.
- Jadeite appeared outside Crystal Seminar after his youma was destroyed. Although he commented on the new Sailor Senshi, he probably didn’t show up in time to find out her secret identity.
When I was a teenager, there was a cartoon that I loved and marked me forever. When I first saw two women together, I was surprised. It was something I had never seen… and I wanted it to be real. And it was.
Haruka and Michiru were the first lesbian couple I saw in my life (or the first I can remember). And since then, more than 15 years ago, they became my absolute favourite pairing of all times.
Now, when I see Korra and Asami on screen, I can’t help but to feel nostalgic. I can’t help but to pray that these two end up together. Why? Because I long for young girls, confused and isolated, to understand that it’s okay to feel those kind of feelings for other girls, for them to know they are not the only ones craving for the world to accept them, and to know that you’ll find that special person you’ll be willing to fight for… no matter what anyone else says.
Korra and Lin ‘playing’ with Naga